While we all know there are spots in our home that are important to decorate, there are some areas where we forget to add those special touches - like in a reading nook, office, entryway, or mudroom. By adding a hint of style, color, and the right light, you can breath new life into these unique areas of the home.
Let’s be honest, we spend more time here than we’d like. Why not make this space one of style and tranquility with adorned shelves and a sparkling, modern light. Bright light will keep you energized and the touch of style will put a smile on your face. Plus, follow these tips and you will have the right lumination to avoid spilled detergent or mismatched socks!
The office is an area that has so much potential for inspiring lighting design and décor. Something as simple as adding tape light under your shelves can completely change the feel of this space. Brighten up with a little greenery, a bold chandelier and some books, photos and travel souvenirs for an atmosphere that invites inspiration.
Everyone loves a well-manicured bar area. And with glasses, bottles and fixtures to bounce the light off, it’s the perfect spot to play with lighting. Add downlights above the counter or bar area and tape lights in any shelves. And if you happen to have a floating counter like the one pictured here, you can even light the underside with channel lighting for an extra ambient glow. Bonus: fewer stubbed toes and spilt drinks!
The most often overlooked spaces in the home are nooks and tucked-away spaces. And there’s no better way to brighten them up than with a distinctive pendant light or a charming chandelier. Add an intriguing piece of art or a colorful vase to ensure a stunning statement in every corner.
Do you have a galley style kitchen? Kitchen spaces that are is more narrow can still make an impact with style. Galley kitchens tend to have cabinets and counters on either side of center walkway so the ceiling is an obvious place to start when it comes to lighting. Consider a ceiling light or chandelier fan that will illuminate the space and keep air flowing.
Space is of the essence in these types of kitchens so consider space-saving lighting ideas like tape and channel lighting or even a mini pendant over the kitchen sink.
Life often moves at full speed. It’s easy to finish designing the main spaces of a home and move on. Add some unexpected joy to the home (and your life) by taking the time to curate those less obvious spots. You just might even mind yourself sneaking away to enjoy the perfectly unique space more often.
Discover More Unique Ways to Use Lighting
|Unique Lighting Applications|
- Indoor Lighting Guide
- Bar Planning and Selecting Tips
- Dining Room Planning and Selecting Tips
- Kitchen Planning and Selecting Tips
- Power Supply Planning 101
- Living Room Planning and Selecting Tips
- Home Gym Lighting Tips
- Lighting Unique Spaces
- Mix and Match Indoor Décor
- Pendant Planning and Selecting Tips
- Home Office Lighting Tips
- Downlight & Recessed Placement Tips
- Lighting for Wellness
- Closet Lighting Tips
- Sconce Installation Guide
- Lighting Glossary
- Unique Lighting Applications
- Bathroom Lighting Planning and Selecting Tips
- Chandelier Installation Guide
- Chandelier Planning and Selecting Tips
- Indoor Lighting Planning and Selecting Tips
- Light Layering
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Choosing The Right Color Temperature
- Why Lighting Systems
- Project Planning Cabinet Lighting
- Installing Cabinet Lighting
- Tape and Channels - Tips To Major Renovation
- Installation Planning for Tape Lighting With Channels
- Small Space Solutions
- Open Floor Plan