The Timeless Beauty of the Black Finish
Black is back. But really, did it ever leave? It’s the new neutral. It’s the finish of choice that can make a dramatic statement that owns a space, or simply is happy complementing what’s around it. As a finish, it’s a classic that never goes out of style.
What the little black dress is to a wardrobe, a black finish is to home décor. It works beautifully with what’s trending, like saturated colors and earth tones, and it can be an integral part of any style. From lighting fixtures to faucets and hardware to appliances, black finishes bring a refined and elegant look to your home.
Complement Most Any Décor Style
If you’re into art deco or vintage, black finishes can make the look. They can be avant garde or 1930s-inspired. They’re naturally modern in a classic kind of way, bringing a timeless feel to your contemporary décor. Black finishes in your lighting can add unpolished authenticity to your modern farmhouse style. Get creative. Even small accents like dishes, plant stands, and frames with black finishes can bring eye-catching sophistication.
Black has such an elusive character, and that’s part of what makes it so classic. It’s not warm, but it’s not cold. It can be dramatic yet elegantly subdued. Try mixing black finishes with other metals, from chrome to brushed nickel, bronze, and everything in between. Black hardware and faucets with bronze lighting fixtures create a luxe look that’s warm and welcoming.
Head to our Dual Finishes blog for more on mixing metals.
Pairs Well with Everything
Pair black finishes with white for a stunning contrast. With rich color for a luxe look. Even with pastels. Want to give a powder blue bath some stopping power? Put black finish sconces on the wall and go with black finish hardware. Patterns, textures, and natural materials also work beautifully with black finishes. Think at-home spa or Italian-inspired outdoor space.
See how real Kichler customers use lighting in black finishes to light their space!
Click on the image to navigate to the original post on Instagram.
Inspired by the timeless beauty of black finishes?
|Shop Black Finishes|
- All Blog Posts
- Ask A Pro Series
- Illuminating What Matters Most: An Interview with St. Jude Interior Designer, Jan Strickland
- Beyond Traditional
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Design Styles Making a Statement in 2022
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Incorporating Color into your Designs
- Lighting Dilemma Help from HGTV Star, Tamara Day
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Design Report: IBS 2020, The Handmade Home
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Behr Color of the Year 2020
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- 4 Outdoor Lighting Tasks To Tackle This Fall
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- Getting your Outdoor Space Party Ready
- Summer Makeovers by Kichler®
- Keep Your Cool All Summer Long
- The Modern Victorian Style
- More Ways to Farmhouse