Hidden Appeal, Stand-out Benefits
Delivering the seamless look of a recessed light with the installation ease and efficiency of a junction-box connected fixture, Horizon is the preferred ceiling lighting choice for both end users and installers.
- New construction and tear-out friendly
- A sleek profile provides a seamless look for ceilings
- The white finish blends into ceilings
- It's energy efficient, so it saves electricity and money
- All-in-one fixture means fewer pieces to buy, stock and keep track of
- The built-in, flat recessed diffuser spreads light evenly across a room
Planning is Priority One
Tape lighting must be hardwired into your electrical system, making planning a critical piece of the installation pie. Map it out and make it fun. Here’s how:
- Because it’s lower in voltage than some other light sources, you’ll need to make sure you have the electrical components (like a power supply or driver) to accommodate it.
- Tape lighting loves tape measures – make sure you know the lengths you’ll need for different spaces. The amount of tape you use will guide the wattage capacity of your power supply.
- Think about switch options. Do you want a standard wall switch or a dimmer?
Consider a Lighting Professional
Tape lighting and channel installations can be tricky. If you need help, an authorized Kichler® showroom or nearby electrical distributor can connect you with a certified lighting professional. Kichler Lighting partners can also connect with our Advanced Product Solutions team for planning layout and design assistance.
Tape Lighting Options
Kichler Tape Lighting adds drama in a distinctive way. By incorporating channels, they hide the light source so only the effect is visible. Tape is designed for easy installation – the underside features a high-tack adhesive, meaning no additional screws or hardware are required to set the tape in place.
- 8T Series
- 6T Series 24V Dry Location LED
Discover unlimited design possibilities that let you choose from multiple color temperatures, ideal LED light output and more. The 6T Series features 3M™ Adhesive Backing for secure placement and is perfect for large areas like kitchen cabinets and decorative spaces.
- 6T Series 24V Damp Location LED
All the benefits of the dry location product with a damp rating. That means it’s designed to perform safely in areas exposed to moisture, like bathroom vanities, kitchen sinks and covered outdoor areas.
- 6T Series 24V RGB LED
Want to have some fun with color? This is your tape lighting. RGB stands for red, green and blue. You get color changing and color combination options that let you add pops of prettiness to bar areas, shelving, mirrors – anywhere your color-loving heart desires.
- 4T Series 12V Dry Location LED
A cost-effective dry location tape that can be cut to 2-inch increments, making it ideal for short runs and smaller spaces like smaller cabinets and shelves.
Channels: Making Every Space Tape Lighting Territory
Channels are the things that give tape lighting its exceptional versatility. All of a sudden, walls, floors, stairs, ceilings and even closets and corridors are tape lighting territory. You can diffuse or disperse light with different lenses too, which is always a nice option. Know what else channels do? They enhance the durability of tape lighting! There’s a lot to like about channels.
When and where can channels be installed?
During the drywall stage of a project. Or, channels can be surface-mounted. As always, planning is key. You’ll want to make sure you match the depth of the channel to the substrate.
Kichler TE Standard Series
Elevate your kitchen and shelving projects. With simple mounting clips, varying depths for desired light diffusion and snap-in lenses, these channels provide a polished look with simple installation. This series is available a la carte or in kit form for easy ordering.
Kichler TE Enhanced Series
Aluminum extruded tape channels that are a step up, with most wide enough to accommodate multiple strips of LED Tape Lighting. The 30-degree angled channel doubles as a 60-degree channel when rotated for expanded installation options. This series will transform your lighting effect from task or accent to ambient.
Kichler TE Pro Series
These channels will inspire you to design with light. Create eye-catching lighting effects like wall washes, crown ceiling lighting, or durable in-floor designs. Integrate lighting with purpose along corridors and steps, or even closet rods. Or, use the channels to create sleek lighting fixtures like linear sconces and pendants. Metal end caps are offered in this series to assure a polished look.
The Tape Lighting with Channels final word? Create a lighting legacy. It’s not as hard as you might think and Kichler Lighting is always here to help.
- Indoor Lighting Guide
- Indoor Lighting Planning and Selecting Tips
- Light Layering
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Choosing The Right Color Temperature
- Why Lighting Systems
- Project Planning Cabinet Lighting
- Installing Cabinet Lighting
- Use of Tape Lighting And Channels
- Installation Planning for Tape and Channels
- Horizon LED Downlights
- Small Space Solutions
- Open Floor Plan
- Horizon LED Downlights