The 8T Series of Commercial Grade LED Tape Light is designed to integrate with our patent-pending connector accessory system to simplify and speed up even the most complicated tape light design installations. The tape features a double layer of copper that works together to support increased run lengths with less voltage drop. Connections are also simplified as the eight unique connector accessories easily snap into place, and are designed to take the guesswork out of tape polarity.
Benefits of 8T vs. Tape
24V Dry LED Tape: Commercial grade, 24/7 operation, and when paired with channels, provides countless design possibilities
- Available in Standard, High, and Ultra High output in 5 color temperatures: 2200, 2700, 3000, 4000, and 5000K
- An assortment of strips and rolls, ranging from 4in to 100ft
- Compatible with 8 unique connector accessories to complement any design configuration
- Double layer copper system for extended run length: 67 ft. Standard, 33 ft. High, 10 ft. Ultra High
- Field-cuttable on marked cut lines
- Edge to edge 3M adhesive
8T Series Connectors: A robust, patent pending, pluggable tape connector accessory system that can greatly reduce installation errors and speed up overall install time.
- Push in, reliable connection for ease of installation
- Provides 0-180 degree connection for universal polarity
- Tape-to-wire connectors allow the installer to utilize their preferred 20-22AWG wire
- Flexible connectors allow connections to bend around corners for new unique installation solutions
- The 8T connectors are design to carry the full (4A) load of standard, high or even ultra high tape light outputs.
- Voltage Drop and Tape Light
Tape light is subject to voltage drop as run lengths increase. This results in a decrease of lumen output along the length of the tape light. This can limit the max run lengths to avoid perceivable lumen degradation.
- Circuit Design
The 8T Tape is designed to carry voltage more evenly across longer runs of tape light. The circuit board features two layers of copper. The top layer is a ‘local’ layer which powers the LEDs within a 4″ section. The second layer is a ‘trunk’ line that caries voltage across longer runs with less voltage drop (when compared to single-layered 6T Tape Light).
- Copper WeightThe 8T Tape light is employed with a heavier copper weight (layman’s terms: thicker copper trace) that allow for longer run lengths (when compared to 4T and 6T) without sacrificing performance. Secondly, this allows the product to withstand commercial grade use capable of 24/7 operation.
- Voltage Drop vs Length
In testing, we learned that the voltage drop is dependent of the length of the run. So, the longer the run length, the more voltage drop the entire run will see. This teaches us that shorter run lengths are desired to maintain a more even output. This fact is not exclusive to 8T, but rather to all tape light products. The table below shows the percentage lumen loss at various 8T run lengths.