A timeless finish that is both modern and classic, white has the power to amp up any style. When it comes to lighting, white is subtle enough to let the shape shine through, but can also be a statement that stands on its own. See how white fixtures can help you step up your style below.
Uncomplicated and clean, Minimalism is defined by simple forms and even simpler colors. Nothing is complicated in this style, which is why lighting with a white finish adds a shining statement. White within the minimalist style can either blend in when used in furniture or rugs, or it can stand out, with sophisticated, bold accents.
Inspired by design from the 1920s, Art Deco weaves together an older look into the current century with pops of white. White pairs with the luxurious jewel tone and a mix of metals which are staples of this style. And while this décor style is anything but subtle, one way to modernize Art Deco is to use white as a contrast to the boldness of the look. For instance, use it in large, geometric patterns or in statement fixtures to make the old new again.
White plays a unique part in the boho style. It’s the element of the style that adds space and visual clarity. While this look encompasses many different colors and shapes, if it’s done without white, it can look cluttered or undefined. Use white on walls, in furniture or in light fixtures to make sure this look doesn’t get too complicated.
There is no coastal style without white. White is the backdrop for the blues, khakis and grays that make up this fresh look. A white distressed wood fixture can be a standout feature of this style, while hardware, furniture or outdoor fixtures can use the color to bring this look home.
Check out how some of our customers and influencers have incorporated white finishes into their spaces. Click on the image to see the original post!
Whatever your style, there’s a way to incorporate white into your décor, both inside and out, for a subtle but stylish finish to your look.
|Browse White Finishes|
- All Blog Posts
- Beyond Traditional
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Ask A Pro Series
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Design Styles Making a Statement in 2022
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Design Report: IBS 2020, The Handmade Home
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Behr Color of the Year 2020
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- 4 Outdoor Lighting Tasks To Tackle This Fall
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- Getting your Outdoor Space Party Ready
- Summer Makeovers by Kichler®
- Keep Your Cool All Summer Long
- The Modern Victorian Style
- More Ways to Farmhouse
- Kichler Employee Profiles: Jennifer Burke