January 15, 2019
Décor trends are ever changing. If you’re looking to refresh your home this year, here are some of the top trends to try.
Natural and neutral:
Stick to a neutral palette of warm greys, whites, beiges and blues. Natural elements that are durable and long lasting will stand the test of time. These clean, chic and cozy elements fall right in line with the Modern Farmhouse trend.
Bright and abstract:
White and bright colors, and abstract patterns can help to reinforce the clean lines and modern feel of your home. Add an unexpected element to your home like a vintage art piece to follow this mid-century modern trend.
Integrate nature and organic textures:
Bring a touch of mother nature into your home with plants and materials that have a connection to nature like wood grain, finished metal and organic materials to jump on this mid-century modern and Scandinavian chic trend.
Handmade accessories can help your room stand out. Try adding some one-of-a-kind artisan pieces to your space like handmade vases and plates. Items made by hand can add texture and warmth to your space. Not only can these be everyday objects, but they can also be seen as works of art.
Bold and vibrant jewel tones are in and fall in line with Pantone’s 2018 Color of the Year, Ultra Violet. Jewel tones can add depth to walls, fabrics, overdyed rugs and pillows. Rich, woven, organic materials can help you you’re your space feel Bohemian and on trend.
The addition of metallic touches into your home isn’t new, but this year the focus is on gold and brass for a top Art Deco trend. Brass and gold mirrors, furniture and lighting can add a luxurious and distinctive look to any room like this Vance chandelier.
Minimalistic style is on the rise. Pick fewer accessories to make a statement. The lack of clutter in your space will allow your guests to better focus on the overall design in the room. This transitional style trend can also help your space feel simple and sophisticated.
- All Blog Posts
- Ask A Pro Series
- Illuminating Design Trends in 2024
- 5 Tips to Get Your Home Holiday Ready
- Rico to the Rescue x Kichler
- Oversized Fixtures to Fit Your Space
- Coastal Charm
- Colors that Capture the Cottagecore Look
- A Ceiling Light Revolution
- Make the Most of Modern
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- 2023 Design Trends for the Home
- Five Tips for Traditional Style
- Holiday Styling Tips from MojisStyle
- Illuminating What Matters Most: An Interview with St. Jude Interior Designer, Jan Strickland
- Beyond Traditional
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- More Ways to Farmhouse