The holidays are coming, and, while there may not be large gatherings around the table this year or much rockin’ around the tree, your space still deserves to have some style. Here are a few understated décor ideas to take your space into the holidays and beyond.
Bring the Outdoors in
Literally. The best way to make your home feel spruced up for any season is to grab some seasonal foliage and incorporate it into your décor. This season it’s all about the greenery. Add a few branches of evergreen to a simple, modern candle holder to give it a seasonal spin. Pick up anything you can find outside like pinecones or branches and add them to tabletops, bookshelves and mantles for an unmistakable holiday look. For an extra stunning sparkle, find a light fixture that incorporates the outdoors like this wooden Cuyahoga Mill™ chandelier, that features reclaimed wood from throughout the U.S.
Nothing says cozy winter nights like candlelight. If you’re working from home, light a candle when work is done to signify the shift of turning off the computer and turning on the warm holiday memories. You can even mimic this candlelit feeling with lights that feature a candle-like look. This sconce from the Branches collection brightens up the room with a simple sleek look that even the animal residents will love. And if you put it on a dimmer, you can’t go wrong day or night.
Add Cozy Texture
Isn’t it wild how a luxurious faux fur throw can take a simple style seamlessly into the holidays? Blankets, velvet pillows and plush woven accents are the perfect way to cozy up in winter. Add a textured pendant or chandelier to help the feeling of comfort shine down from above.
Let Colors Pop
If your home décor meanders toward minimalist, add a pop of color with decorative accents in colors that complement the season. A soft pink can be an unexpected play on the reds of the season and pairs well with the greenery of holiday style. Just make sure to light your colors right. If you have colorful decorations on a shelf, use tape and channel lighting to augment your accents.
Even if the holidays are a little smaller this year, that doesn’t mean they should be any less stylish. With the right touches and a little bit of love, the holidays can still feel full of cheer.
Ready to Start Shopping?
- Ask A Pro Series
- All Blog Posts
- Lighting Dilemma Help from HGTV Star, Tamara Day
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Gold Finishes
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- Black Finishes
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Design Report: IBS 2020, The Handmade Home
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Behr Color of the Year 2020
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- 4 Outdoor Lighting Tasks To Tackle This Fall
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- Getting your Outdoor Space Party Ready
- Summer Makeovers by Kichler®
- Keep Your Cool All Summer Long
- The Modern Victorian Style
- More Ways to Farmhouse
- Kichler Employee Profiles: Jennifer Burke