Welcome Home with Soft Contemporary
Inviting and warm, the Soft Contemporary look is welcoming people home with neutral colors and soft edges. The style encompasses a range of styles from the latter half of the 20th century, culminating in a familiar, comfortable and stylish space.
Brown, taupe, cream, and pure white set the tone with pops of bold color found on accent walls and decorative accessories. The Laurent Collection has bi-level shades in white that complement the neutral palette of a Soft Contemporary space.
Contemporary, But More Livable.
Achieve the soft contemporary look with furniture that has clean lines and rounded edges, which makes a space more approachable and beautifully lived in. Try to incorporate soft wall colors and fabrics with pops of white and black. Shine a light on your décor with the cascading flow of the Shima™ Collection. The off-center look and metallic accents add a charming touch to your Soft Contemporary space.
Warms vs. Cools
Weave warm and cool colors together. Make darker furnishings stand out with neutral paint and light wood flooring. Incorporate a light fixture with a soft glow like the Marette ™ Collection. Its Black finish and frosted white glass make for the perfect combination of warm and cool colors.
Thick fabrics like wool, linen, and cotton are used in mostly neutral colors and can be weaved into a room as accent pillows, throw rugs, and blankets. They add soft touches and a comfortable feeling to a space. The fabric in the Jolana™ Collection is no exception. The subtle shade contrasted with the rounded metal makes this the perfect Soft Contemporary collection.
Looking to get started on a project?
|Indoor Lighting Planning|
- All Blog Posts
- Ask A Pro Series
- Rico to the Rescue x Kichler
- Oversized Fixtures to Fit Your Space
- Coastal Charm
- Colors that Capture the Cottagecore Look
- A Ceiling Light Revolution
- Make the Most of Modern
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- 2023 Design Trends for the Home
- Five Tips for Traditional Style
- Holiday Styling Tips from MojisStyle
- Illuminating What Matters Most: An Interview with St. Jude Interior Designer, Jan Strickland
- Beyond Traditional
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- More Ways to Farmhouse