About the Designer
Anyone that knows me knows I love color. I love using color in surprising ways and incorporating it in unusual places. Adding color into your spaces can be really intimidating, so here are a few ways I like to add color!
I painted the ceiling in my store, Growing Days Home, a beautiful pink, and our customers always compliment it. I loved it so much I decided to paint the ceiling in my baby girl's room too! It's an unexpected addition to designs. Adding a color to the ceiling makes spaces feel so cozy!
In my designs, I like to make unexpected rooms unique, like mudrooms and laundry rooms. You don’t always go into those rooms, so making them bright and colorful makes getting those chores done a little more enjoyable!
I really love wallpaper. Wallpaper elevates your design and makes your space feel extra special. There are unlimited options when it comes to wallpaper. It is like art that covers your whole wall! What is better than that?
Speaking of art, add a big, colorful piece of art to your space. Not only does art add color, but it is always a fun conversation starter when you have guests over! Find a piece that you love and that represents you.
Find a bold color, fun wallpaper, or interesting tile and pop it on one wall! To keep your accent wall a central focal point, add floating shelves to display all of your pretty accessories.
It can be intimidating to bring bold color into your home. I love adding color and personality through accessories. Right now, I really love coffee table books! Stack them up to add height and color to your space.
Rugs bring in color, pattern, texture, and they help ground your space. I like bright, colorful rugs in kitchens and hallways to lighten up somewhat neutral space.
However you decide to incorporate color, I don’t think you can ever have too much color in a space. Trust me, I’ve even painted a barn pink before!
Love Tamara's style and want to see how she designed her own home?
- Ask A Pro Series
- All Blog Posts
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Home Tour with Tamara Day
- Get the Global Look
- Incorporating Color into your Designs
- Lighting Dilemma Help from HGTV Star, Tamara Day
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Design Report: IBS 2020, The Handmade Home
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Behr Color of the Year 2020
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- 4 Outdoor Lighting Tasks To Tackle This Fall
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- Getting your Outdoor Space Party Ready
- Summer Makeovers by Kichler®
- Keep Your Cool All Summer Long
- The Modern Victorian Style
- More Ways to Farmhouse
- Kichler Employee Profiles: Jennifer Burke