December 18, 2019
Set the mood to merry and bright.
‘Tis the season for festive fêtes and sparkling soirées. And whether you’re thinking about what dishes to serve or the decorations that will deck your halls, don’t forget about the one simple element that will set the tone for any party--the lighting. With just the flick of a switch, you can amp up the mood from cozy to energized or take it down to a romantic glimmer.
It couldn’t be simpler with these holiday party lighting effects.
|Natural Radiance||Energetic Brilliance||Romantic Glow|
Have you ever walked into a dimly lit party and felt the warm, cozy glow of low light and ambient glimmers? That’s the Romantic Glow effect. An effect that can only be achieved with light. It feels like candlelight and sets the tone for a relaxed, dreamy gathering. Give your next party a glimmer of glow with dimmed chandeliers and warm, muted light (approximately 2700 Kelvin). Add a lantern by the fireplace or a few simple down-facing overhead fixtures, accompanied by two or three smaller wall or ceiling lights for the perfect low-glow effect.
These pendants let just the right amount of light shine through for a soft, dimly-lit look.
Make your guests feel welcome and at home with the Natural Radiance effect. It sets the perfect mood for a fun family gathering or neighborhood holiday potluck. Mimicking the feel of open windows and natural light, the Natural Radiance effect creates the impression of a happy, sunny day. Simply add a touch of lighting under shelves and along walls with neutral white light (approximately 3000 Kelvin) to create a vibrancy that truly shines.
The exposed bulbs and clear glass of the Harmony Collection bathe the space in natural-looking light for a sunny, happy disposition.
This is your stellar, holiday cheer, bright sparkling party light. This effect seems to shimmer off every surface and illuminates your space with glittery brilliance. To flood your space with light, direct fixtures both down and diagonally and let bulbs shine through when possible. Crisp, cool light (approximately 3000 Kelvin), is perfect for adding brightness that lets your holiday cheer sparkle.
No matter what mood you’re looking to set, a few simple lighting changes can brighten up your holiday celebration.
|More Lighting Effects Ideas|
- Ask A Pro Series
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- All Blog Posts
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Home Tour with Tamara Day
- Get the Global Look
- Incorporating Color into your Designs
- Lighting Dilemma Help from HGTV Star, Tamara Day
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Design Report: IBS 2020, The Handmade Home
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Behr Color of the Year 2020
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- 4 Outdoor Lighting Tasks To Tackle This Fall
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- Getting your Outdoor Space Party Ready
- Summer Makeovers by Kichler®
- Keep Your Cool All Summer Long
- The Modern Victorian Style
- More Ways to Farmhouse
- Kichler Employee Profiles: Jennifer Burke