Get the Global Look
Have you ever wanted to bring a part of your global travels home with you? We have too. Which is what makes global style so perfect. Global lets you take an exotic approach to decor, starting with what you love and building upon it to capture a style that’s uniquely yours.
While global style can mean many different things to everyone, there are a few things that universally signal that a look is global.
Most styles feature an element of natural surroundings. That can mean incorporating hardwoods that are native to a specific region like bamboo, rattan or birch. This can come in the form of furniture, flooring or even lighting. With rattan, a natural palm finish, and a classic crisscross design, the Oana™ collection brings a natural element and plenty of bright light to a global design.
Mixing it Up
For a truly global style, it’s important to mix it up. When going for global, you can mix colors, prints or materials, which will add to the natural feel of this style. Color-wise, you can mix pastels with natural colors. Or you can mix prints like large geometric shapes with smaller more intricate patterns. For a more subtle look, you can mix materials, like the crystal beads and textured black finishes of the Alexia chandelier, which is a bright choice.
Many elements of global style have a worldly influence of historic architecture found around the globe. Often this means the look is a little bit distressed and a little bit casual. This look can be based around anything from distressed moroccan tiles, to woven tapestries, or even the distressed white beads set against the black metal finish of the Brisbane collection.
When you’re looking to add a global feel to your home, it always helps to start somewhere meaningful. Do you have a silk scarf from a safari in Africa? Then décor inspired by a specific region in Africa may help round out your style. Or if you loved your last trip to Japan, add some elements from the style that you saw while you were there to bring some of the experience home with you. Display heirloom items found in travels and celebrate these pieces as you curate a global style that reflects your story
It’s hard to go wrong with a global look. Just use what you love, and take it from there.
Looking for more style inspiration?
- All Blog Posts
- Ask A Pro Series
- A Ceiling Light Revolution
- Make the Most of Modern
- 2023 Design Trends for the Home
- Five Tips for Traditional Style
- Holiday Styling Tips from MojisStyle
- Illuminating What Matters Most: An Interview with St. Jude Interior Designer, Jan Strickland
- Beyond Traditional
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- More Ways to Farmhouse