Five Tips for Traditional Style
When you hear the words traditional style, you may picture your grandmother’s living room. That room that’s off limits because it had to remain perfectly pristine. This couldn’t be further from the traditional look of today. Now, traditional style has a more livable—and stylish—feel, welcoming in accents from other styles and taking on a modern twist. Here are five ways to welcome this timeless look into your home.
Opt for Classic FinishesThe classics are classic for a reason—because they never get old. When it comes to finishes, this sentiment certainly applies. Black, Natural Brass & Classic Pewter are finishes that will always look current in any home.
Elevate with Clean AestheticsIn traditional design, consistency is key. The goal is to create a calm, comfortable space so symmetry reigns supreme. The Ali Collection takes simple style and brightens it up with classic lines and subtle details. The crystal candle sleeves and stately silhouette of the Rosiland collection make it a traditional standout. And a true traditional conversation starter is the open cage style of the Abbotswell™, which makes maximum impact with minimal lines.
Epitomize Comfort with Soft CurvesGentle, sloping curves in archways and furniture give the traditional look its signature style. It’s comfortable but clean and distinct yet classic. The gentle angle of the Pallas collection follows that same silhouette. The Kennewick collection takes those same curves and amps it up with a more pronounced angle. The basket-inspired curved arms of the Capitol Hill collection add dimension and a level of opulent grandeur.
Curate Disting Elegant DetailsWithout small yet impactful touches, the traditional style would lack substance. That’s why it’s the little things that make all of the difference. The intricate tips of the Baile collection make this awe-inspiring collection resemble a gathered hay bale. The elegant tapers of the Florence collection give this candelabra look an extra touch of elegance. The light that delicately escapes Adeena's elegantly perforated, white metal shades bathes your room in warmth and beauty.
Always be Inspired by the PastTo update traditional, you need to understand what the tradition was in the first place. Collections like Karthe blend a stately look with new wide curves. The Luella collection brings old, industrial style into the traditional world with a structured metal shade. The clear glass on the Crosby collection elevates an old-world look.
Traditional style is easy to update and evolve with small touches like the change of a piece of furniture or a light fixture. Think of it like a canvas backdrop upon which all of your style dreams can come true.
Ready to learn more about the style?
- All Blog Posts
- Ask A Pro Series
- Rico to the Rescue x Kichler
- Oversized Fixtures to Fit Your Space
- Coastal Charm
- Colors that Capture the Cottagecore Look
- A Ceiling Light Revolution
- Make the Most of Modern
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- 2023 Design Trends for the Home
- Five Tips for Traditional Style
- Holiday Styling Tips from MojisStyle
- Illuminating What Matters Most: An Interview with St. Jude Interior Designer, Jan Strickland
- Beyond Traditional
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- More Ways to Farmhouse