Crafting. For some, it’s a hobby; for others, it’s a lifestyle. Either way, one thing we can’t argue with is that a beautifully crafted room is essential for setting the stage for a great day of crafting. When it comes to setting aside space for a craft room, the options are as limitless as the projects you can create. A spare room, a portion of a finished basement, or even a converted closet can serve as a perfect space to make, design, draw, sew, model, or whatever other crafty adventures you undertake.
Light it Up
First thing’s first, you need to be able to see what you’re doing. So just any old light won’t do. When you’re working with intricate projects, you need good, quality light, (not to mention good airflow), to keep you in the zone.
The Starkk ceiling fan comes in multiple sizes and finishes, provides an ambient glow of light and keeps the air flowing smoothly. Used in combination with downlights, this fixture is the perfect place to start when thinking about how to add some serious shine to your craft room.
One thing is for sure when it comes to crafting, no matter what you make, there is a LOT of stuff. Things. Get. Everywhere. So, it’s essential to find creative ways to stow your supplies. Get creative with wall space. Hanging smaller items like pencils and scissors on a bulletin board saves your crucial desk space for creating. And drawer organizers are vital to making sure all your craft room drawers don’t turn into junk drawers. Want to make sure you see all your supplies during those late night crafting sessions? Consider lining the sides of the drawers with LED tape and channels.
To Sit or to Stand
Crafting takes many forms, so make sure you determine what’s best for you. If you’re going to be standing and moving around, a taller drafting table is ideal. If you like to sit while you craft, make sure your table is the right height and that your chair is beyond comfortable. Nothing cuts a crafting session short like a sore back!
Crafting in Action
We love the effortlessly efficient way @dawnnicoleco designed her craft room. Look and see for yourself how creative a craft room can be.
Ready to find for the perfect craft room fixture?
Chandeliers, tape lighting and ceiling fans are all great choices. Start shopping now.
|Indoor Lighting||Ceiling Fans|
- All Blog Posts
- Ask a Pro: Airbnb Host and Real Estate Agent
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Gold Finishes
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- Black Finishes
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Design Report: IBS 2020, The Handmade Home
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Behr Color of the Year 2020
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- 4 Outdoor Lighting Tasks To Tackle This Fall
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- Chic Retreats for Kids
- Getting your Outdoor Space Party Ready
- Summer Makeovers by Kichler®
- Keep Your Cool All Summer Long
- The Modern Victorian Style
- More Ways to Farmhouse
- Kichler Employee Profiles: Jennifer Burke