The cottagecore look is a study in romance and simplicity. Inspired by rustic farmhouses mixed with edwardian elegance, cottagecore takes vintage antiques and partners them with modern, neutral elements. As cozy as it is creative, our Homestead Collection captures the quintessential quality of cottagecore beauty.
Why not enhance your cottagecore look by selecting cottagecore inspired colors? That’s why we’re bringing you the Behr® paint colors that accent and augment the lights of our Homestead Collection for a whole-home Cottagecore look.
Inspired by the decorative spindles of antique furniture, the Fira collection celebrates traditional artistry. With warm dual finishes, Fira gives your space a cozy and elegant feeling. Refreshingly simple and comfortably warm, Fira pairs perfectly with Behr's Cameo White for a neutral, balanced look and Tranquil Gray for a cooler, more greige background. Both colors play into the stunning simplicity of the cottagecore look that made the Homestead Collection so iconic.
A throwback with an update, the Dame Collection is a refreshing take on the traditional lantern. Create a welcoming, cozy, vintage space that connects to the past and reinvigorates the present. Pair Dame with Behr's Platinum to make the fixture pop. Use Thermal, a deep blue-green as an accent and create definition on woodwork such as trim and crown molding.
as an accent to bring life and light into any room.
Reminiscent of the ornate tea kettles from the early 19th-century, the Opal collection is divinely vintage. Rich finishes meet clean, bright glass in perfectly nostalgic harmony for a cottagecore style that’s distinct. Use Behr's Cotton Knit for a broad backdrop of calming color. Add accents of Scallion, a dark natural green to highlight cabinetry and to modernize the vintage look.
The Vetivene collection whispers nostalgia and redefines distinction. Inspired by vintage herbal drying racks, the decorative hooks make the old new again. Pair with Behr's Hillside Grove to make a stately vintage statement. Accent with Behr's Aged Beige to ground the look in neutral elegance.
The Melis collection evokes the warm feeling of being in a homestead kitchen. You can clearly see the inspiration from wooden honey dipper in the gentle curves, sophisticated turnings, and rich finishes that set Melis apart. Stage against a neutral backdrop of Blank Canvas from Behr for a cozy, farmhouse vibe and accent with the green of Laurel Tree for a splash of color.
Ensuring your paint and your fixtures form a cohesive style is essential to creating a whole-home look. Whether it’s cottagecore, mid-century or traditional, Behr and Kichler come seamlessly together to help you create a home that reflects your style.
Want to learn more about how to achieve the cottagecore style in your home?
- All Blog Posts
- Ask A Pro Series
- Oversized Fixtures to Fit Your Space
- Coastal Charm
- Colors that Capture the Cottagecore Look
- A Ceiling Light Revolution
- Make the Most of Modern
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- 2023 Design Trends for the Home
- Five Tips for Traditional Style
- Holiday Styling Tips from MojisStyle
- Illuminating What Matters Most: An Interview with St. Jude Interior Designer, Jan Strickland
- Beyond Traditional
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- More Ways to Farmhouse