The idea of a life by the sea has a dreamy charm. The billowing breeze, the salty sea air. It’s inviting and idyllic. But while not all of us can live in a seaside getaway, here are some ways to bring the comfort of Coastal into your home no matter where you live.
The Right Light
The easiest way to add the Coastal style to your space is with a change in lighting. There’s an aspect that’s unique to Coastal style in that lights are inherent in the style itself. Without Coastal-inspired lights, the look just isn’t quite right.
Nautical pendant lights made of ropes and sea glass can add a coastal feel to any room, such as the dining area or over a kitchen island. Nautical pendants that mimic a ship’s light are a great way to add modern touches to the typically traditional look.
Seashell chandeliers can provide a whimsical yet elegant touch to a bedroom or bathroom. Chandeliers with bottle-like glass have the feel of sea glass and shine in stunning ways.
Landscape lighting fixtures with a patina finish or nautical-inspired shapes can offer an elegant look to walkways or gardens. They light up an outdoor space with charm and highlight landscaping and accents in a way that lets you enjoy your outdoor space well into the night.
Feeling a warm breeze is one of the sensorial experiences of Coastal living. Coastal ceiling fans have both the feeling and the style to put you in an East Coast frame of mind.
Creams, browns and blues are a Coastal color dream-come-true. Even though Coastal is often associated with white, these more muted colors give your home a subtle nod to the style. When it comes to complementary hues, adding nature-inspired colors like oceanic blues and sandy tans or accenting stormy gray with natural linen add color with a purpose.
Light and breezy fabrics in warm, neutral tones amp up the cozy feel of Coastal charm. Billowy curtains are a great way to let in natural light and blur the lines between outdoors and in.
Rope, rattan, and wood bring warmth to any home, especially homes with a Coastal flair. Kick Coastal up a notch with open wood shelving in the kitchen and exposed beams on the ceiling.
Coastal cool is a style that’s perfectly suited for homes where you want to feel both stylish and comfortable. Channeling seaside living can bring a calm energy to homes no matter where they are.
|Shop Coastal Products|
- All Blog Posts
- Ask A Pro Series
- Oversized Fixtures to Fit Your Space
- Coastal Charm
- Colors that Capture the Cottagecore Look
- A Ceiling Light Revolution
- Make the Most of Modern
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- 2023 Design Trends for the Home
- Five Tips for Traditional Style
- Holiday Styling Tips from MojisStyle
- Illuminating What Matters Most: An Interview with St. Jude Interior Designer, Jan Strickland
- Beyond Traditional
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- More Ways to Farmhouse