The definition of traditional is something that is long-established. Updated traditional style, however, is a little different. Rather than meaning old or storied, updated traditional style equals a timeless look. Another defining characteristic of updated traditional is a comfortable space that’s well put together and welcoming. But don’t mistake this stunning style for a snooze, a traditional home is beautiful, elegant and always in style.
What makes traditional even more of a standout style is the flexibility of this look. With the smallest flourish, a traditional home can act as a canvas to add elements of other styles while staying true to the timeless look. There are some style twists on traditional offer the a more casual aesthetic to the more ornate traditional style.
Traditional is timeless. Adding a modern touch can update this lasting look with current trends. Updated traditional is a blend of the old and the new and brings out the best of each. Adding clean lines like that of the Ali collection keeps this look modern and adds a striking contrast to ornate molding or rounded arches.
A Luxe Look
This look can be woven into a traditional setting with small statements of glamor and class. Pops of color like bold pillows or a geometric rug add an element of luxe to a traditional home. Accents of brass and black with clean lines like those in our Florence or Luella collection can give your room a luxe touch.
Updated/Luxe traditional differs from a traditional style by adding in more airy neutral color palettes and touches of modern decor, there are some other styles that are adjacent to the style as well. These other styles can seamlessly be incorporated into a traditional style home with a couple of small additions. Learn more about how you can blend these styles into your traditional space.
Adding romance and simplicity to traditional style can bring an otherworldly look into your space. Picture open windows with flowing curtains, delicate flower patterns and Edwardian furniture. Just a touch of these accents can create a beautiful accent in any traditional home.
The traditional style appeals to the mainstream and is functional, but that doesn't mean the style is contained. Whether it's granny chic or the standard transitional, put your own twist on the traditional with influences from other styles that inspire you.
Looking to incorporate traditional style into your own home?
- All Blog Posts
- Beyond Traditional
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Ask A Pro Series
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Design Styles Making a Statement in 2022
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Design Report: IBS 2020, The Handmade Home
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Behr Color of the Year 2020
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- 4 Outdoor Lighting Tasks To Tackle This Fall
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- Getting your Outdoor Space Party Ready
- Summer Makeovers by Kichler®
- Keep Your Cool All Summer Long
- The Modern Victorian Style
- More Ways to Farmhouse
- Kichler Employee Profiles: Jennifer Burke