Want to send your child’s room to the head of the class in style? Tap into design trends for grown-ups and give them some kid spin for creative-chic spaces that make the grade, especially when it comes to lighting. See how our influencers, designers, and online community applied different trends to create chic retreats for their kids.
We are of the opinion that a kid's room can still be chic...and Laurens (@houseofhire) home is a great example. Both the nursery as well as the shared boy's room are comfortable, minimalist decor and warm neutral colors make this space so stylish so almost forget it's designed for a small human! The nursery is lit by our Devin semi-flush ceiling light and the boys' room features Cahoon, add a nice touch of industrial to both spaces.
Kids are social creatures, so making sure their bedroom is conducive to play is important. Tamara Day designed the most adorable bedroom in her show Bargain Mansions. The space is patriotic and perfect for sleepovers! If you are lucky enough to have some extra recreation space that you can dedicate to your kids remember that function and style can meet is a perfect balance. Make sure you have enough seating and don't forget to set up a productive homework space!
Perfectly pink, @heycaitlintorres designed this soft and feminine little girl's sanctuary. The scalloped statement wall is paired with an eclectic rug for a room that is not only comfy but super cute. The minimalist white ceiling fan blends in and lets the interior decor shine while providing practical light and air circulation. In addition, we also love how she created a room for her older son that is stylish enough for a teenager, but playful enough for a younger kid. The bunk beds look like they are ready for a sleepover party!
Bonus tip: A ceiling fan is a great fixture for a nurse or kids room because it not only provides overhead but keeps the room comfortable and cool. It might even give the baby something to stare at.
However you decide to set up the kids' rooms, you can apply some basic bedroom style tips to make the best use of your space. Whether it's a statement light, ceiling fan, or illuminating a shelf, we have the right lighting to ensure your space is chic!
Ready for more bedroom inspiration?
|Bedroom Style Ideas|
- Ask A Pro Series
- All Blog Posts
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Home Tour with Tamara Day
- Get the Global Look
- Incorporating Color into your Designs
- Lighting Dilemma Help from HGTV Star, Tamara Day
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Design Report: IBS 2020, The Handmade Home
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Behr Color of the Year 2020
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- 4 Outdoor Lighting Tasks To Tackle This Fall
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- Getting your Outdoor Space Party Ready
- Summer Makeovers by Kichler®
- Keep Your Cool All Summer Long
- The Modern Victorian Style
- More Ways to Farmhouse
- Kichler Employee Profiles: Jennifer Burke