The Kichler team spent last week at the Dallas International Lighting Show introducing our new 2020 products. We also had a couple visitors who spoke at the Kichler showroom during the show.
Ashley Wilson, the designer behind At Home with Ashley was one of the special guests and we were excited to host her!
As an interior designer, Ashley is passionate about creating beautiful homes and helping others do the same. Most famous for her instagram account @athomewithashley She has been featured in HGTV magazine as well as online at Apartment Therapy, Lonny and BuzzFeed.
Ashley recently announced the exciting news that her family is moving to Florida. With a new house to decorate, Ashley was eager to check out some new products in the Kichler showroom. She posted to her instagram stories, asking her followers to help her pick out some fixtures for the new Florida house! Follow along as Ashley shows us some of her favorite new 2020 products and if you want to check out her new space, read her new blog post "We're Moving!".
One of the first fixtures Ashleys pointed out was Trentino. The sleek metal cylinders are designed to maximize light distribution – while they make a striking mid-century modern impression. Each canister features a white interior, creating a stark contrast and a robust lighting effect. The midcentury-inspired light comes in semi-flush as well as las two different size chandeliers. Ashleys liked the 9 light the best. The chandelier has the same size thumbprint as the 5 light, but with two tiers of lights. A great option for her new home in Florida which is a smaller space than she is used to designing.
Another favorite chandelier that Ashley spotted is Pimm, which is offered in a wall sconce, various vanity sizes as well as two different chandelier sizes (round and oval). The new fixture features a nostalgic mid-century modern design in two finishes (polished nickel and fox gold) and rounded shaped satin etched cased opal glass. The perfect addition in several aesthetic environments. One of Ashley's Instagram followers called out that the glass shape is reminiscent of a seashell, making this a perfect pick for Ashley's new home in the sunshine state.
Ashley also had the chance to check out some of our élan products which she hasn't used for any past projects...yet! The LED technology is a better option in terms of energy efficiency and the contemporary fixtures offer the perfect dash of modern style in any space.
Gold and brass are typically the designer's favorite finish so it's no wonder she was drawn to Brettin, a new vanity light available in a gold and black finish.
Ashley also checked out some of the LED mirrors from élan and loved the Phealan mirror. She noted that arches are on trend and interior designers are looking for small ways to incorporate the shape. The mirror is offered in two finishes to match your style, chrome and champagne gold.
Inspired by Ashley's Lighting picks?
Check out some favorites from our other interior design influencers/partners.
- All Blog Posts
- Ask A Pro Series
- Illuminating What Matters Most: An Interview with St. Jude Interior Designer, Jan Strickland
- Beyond Traditional
- Cheers to Champagne Bronze
- Ceiling Fans to Fit Your Style
- Mother's Day Home Spa
- Warm Finishes, a Welcoming Trend
- Curating a Vintage Look for the Home
- Getting to Know Cottagecore
- Design Styles Making a Statement in 2022
- Trends on the Rise in 2022
- Endless Styles of White Finishes
- Vintage Style
- Scandinavian Style
- Black Finishes
- Gold Finishes
- Get the Global Look
- Incorporating Color into your Designs
- Lighting Dilemma Help from HGTV Star, Tamara Day
- Emerging Style Trends
- Bedroom Ideas for Kids
- Luxe Kitchens to Love
- A Luxe Look in the Bathroom
- Spruce Up for the Holidays
- Retro Living
- Maximizing your Minimalist Design
- The Importance of Lighting in a Home
- The Layered Look
- Crafting the Perfect Craft Room
- Design Report: IBS 2020, The Handmade Home
- Soft Contemporary
- 70's Glam
- Behr Color of the Year 2020
- Ashley Wilson's Favorite Fixtures
- Sleep Retreats for Holiday Guests
- Holiday Lighting Effects
- Dual Finishes
- Small Changes that Make a Big Difference
- Master your Mudroom
- 4 Outdoor Lighting Tasks To Tackle This Fall
- Before and After: A Drab Kitchen Brought to Light
- Getting your Outdoor Space Party Ready
- Summer Makeovers by Kichler®
- Keep Your Cool All Summer Long
- The Modern Victorian Style
- More Ways to Farmhouse