Limited Warranty on Kichler® Landscape and C-Series Lighting
Kichler Lighting LLC (“Kichler Lighting”) warrants its catalogued outdoor and landscape lighting products and component parts to the original consumer purchaser or commercial purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the applicable period specified below.
Landscape Lighting Products with a Model Number Beginning with “15”, “16”, or “18”
One (1) year from the date of purchase.
LED Light Engines and Electrical Components 12 Volt Design Pro LED Outdoor Products
Fifteen (15) years or 40,000 hours, whichever comes first, from the date of purchase and when installed at a single family residence by the original consumer purchaser. For commercial purchasers, ten (10) years or 40,000 hours, whichever comes first, from the date of purchase.
Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Products
- Brass, Copper and Stainless-Steel Housing and Exterior Finishes: Fifteen (15) years from the date of purchase. For fixtures with the Centennial Brass (CBR) finish, the warranty period for the housing and exterior finish is ten (10) years. Brass and copper finishes naturally patina in color, which is not a defect under this warranty.
- Aluminum Housing and Exterior Finishes: Five (5) years from the date of purchase.
Accent and Flood Lights
- VLO Accent and Flood Lights: Fifteen (15) years from the date of purchase.
- Gen 1.5 Integrated LED Accent Lights: Ten (10) years from the date of purchase.
- 120-277 Volt C-Series Accent and Flood Lights: Six (6) years for the LED light engines and electrical components from the date of purchase. Five (5) years on the aluminum housings and finish from the date of purchase.
120-277 Volt C-Series Ceiling and Wall Outdoor Lighting Products
Five (5) years for the LED light engines and electrical components and aluminum housings and finish from the date of purchase.
- Magnetic transformers: As long as the original consumer purchaser or commercial purchaser owns the transformer.
- Stainless steel transformers’ exterior finish: As long as the original consumer purchaser or commercial purchaser owns the transformer.
- Painted transformers’ exterior finish: Ten (10) years from the date of purchase.
Low Voltage Power Conditioner (LVPC)
When purchased as an accessory, for three (3) years from the date of purchase.
Electronic Power Supplies
Ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Timers and photocells are not covered under this warranty.
Two (2) years from the date of purchase.
Kichler® LED Light Bulbs
Six (6) years or 30,000 hours, whichever comes first, from the date of purchase.
Special Order (non-catalogued) Outdoor and Landscape Lighting Products
One (1) year from the date of purchase.
What We Will Do
Kichler Lighting, at its sole discretion, will repair or replace, free of charge, during the applicable warranty period, any product or component part (as described above) that proves defective in material and/or workmanship under normal installation, use and service. If repair or replacement is not practical, Kichler Lighting may elect to refund the purchase price in exchange for the return of the product. Replacement parts are subject to availability and may differ from those originally supplied. These are your exclusive remedies.
What Is Not Covered
The following carry no warranty other than the manufacturer’s warranty:
- Non-LED light bulbs supplied by, but not manufactured by, Kichler Lighting
- Non-Kichler branded LED light bulbs supplied by, but not manufactured by, Kichler Lighting
This warranty does not cover polished brass finishes on the products described above. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from reasonable wear and tear, voltage of more than 5% above North American standards, acts of God, misuse (including use of the product for an unintended application), abuse, improper packaging of product returned to Kichler Lighting, neglect and improper or incorrect installation, maintenance or repair, including failure to follow the applicable care and cleaning instructions. Kichler Lighting recommends using a professional electrician for all installation and repair of its products.
Because certain acid-loving plants (arborvitae, pine trees, etc.) should not be exposed to light of any kind for more than 18 hours a day. If a plant should die or burn because of being exposed to continuous light, the cost to replace the damaged plant is not covered by this warranty.
What You Must Do to Obtain Warranty Service or Replacement Parts
A warranty claim may be made by returning the product to the distributor or retailer from whom you purchased the product with proof of purchase (original sales receipt) and a written claim briefly describing the defect.
If the distributor or retailer is not available, or if you have questions about this warranty, please contact us by mail or online as follows (please include your model number and date of purchase):
Kichler Lighting LLC
7711 East Pleasant Valley Rd
Cleveland, OH 44161-8010
Limitation on Duration of Implied Warranties
Note: Some states/provinces (including Quebec) do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the below limitation may not apply to you. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS LIMITED TO THE STATUTORY PERIOD OR THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY, WHICHEVER IS SHORTER.
Limitation of Special, Incidental or Consequential Damages
Note: Some states/provinces (including Quebec) do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental or consequential damages, so the below limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. Notice to residents of the State of New Jersey: The provisions of this warranty, including its limitations, are intended to apply to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of the State of New Jersey. KICHLER LIGHTING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LABOR CHARGES TO REPAIR, REPLACE, INSTALL OR REMOVE THIS PRODUCT), WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary by state or province.
This warranty is not transferable.