Local Homeless Support Agency Receives Notable Donation as Part of Award
INDEPENDENCE, OHIO (April 19, 2021) – Kichler Lighting LLC, a leader in innovative lighting and ceiling fans, announces that the Kichler Cleveland team recently received the 2020 Masco Kaizen Spotlight award. Masco, Kichler’s parent company, awards this honor annually to the business unit team that has made the most “change for the good” as a result of a high-impact Kaizen project completed during the year.”
Kaizen, a Japanese term meaning "change for the better" or "continuous improvement,” is a Japanese business philosophy regarding the gradual, methodical processes that continuously improve operations and involve all employees.
This approach drives the Masco Operating system (MOS), Masco’s collective approach to running its business. MOS is an integrated system intended to deliver on strategic priorities and goals. It is delivered through a culture of continuous improvement, people who embrace change, world-class processes and practical tools.
“Given an extremely challenging year with the impact of COVID, this accomplishment certainly shows Kichler’s intense focus on the Masco Operating System,” said Kichler Lighting President Irene Tasi. “This approach shapes what we do every day and supports a singular, strategic focus: improving the customer experience. By focusing on continuous improvement in house, that means we can reduce the time it takes to get our products to the end-user.”
The Kichler Cleveland team rigorously implemented critical Kaizen learnings and best practices in projects throughout 2020 -- a true testament of dedication, teamwork and excellence. The results achieved through this Kaizen effort were significant. The end results of the winning Kaizen project encompassed operational improvements in both costs and lead times.
“In addition to these great results, the team agreed that having a work environment focused on using MOS tools and building a culture with a problem-solving mindset will be integral to the future success of Kichler,” Tasi said.
While a Kaizen effort often requires a substantial amount of extra work for all involved, the Kichler Cleveland team has proven that the benefits are significant and reach beyond the internal organization into the community. To further recognize the team’s efforts, Masco also made a $10,000 to Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless, the nonprofit organization the Kichler team chose to benefit from its participation in the Spotlight Kaizen program.
KICHLER LIGHTING LLC
Kichler Lighting LLC strives to transform the home and workspace by developing fixtures that perform efficiently, install intuitively and deliver an overall effect that combines style with purpose. With an extensive portfolio of more than 3,000 on-trend products – including lighting, landscape and ceiling fans – and a commitment to providing services and project solutions, Kichler® is the brand homeowners and professionals know and trust since 1938. Kichler Lighting products are available at independent showrooms, Lowe’s, electrical and landscape distributors and online. For more information, visit www.kichler.com.
Connect with Kichler Lighting socially on:
Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Pinterest® is a registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc.
Houzz® is a registered trademark of Houzz, Inc.
Instagram® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Headquartered in Livonia, Michigan, Masco Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; Kichler® decorative and outdoor lighting; and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders. For more information about Masco Corporation, visit masco.com.
- News & Events
- High-End Performance Meets Style and Comfort in Kichler Lighting’s New Ceiling Fans Décor Release
- Kichler Lighting Illuminates the Soft and Simplistic with New Modern and Ceiling Space Collections
- Kichler Lighting Announces 2023 Landscape Lighting Contractors of the Year
- Kichler Announces 30th Anniversary of Outdoor Illumination
- Kichler Lighting Launches New and Improved Horizon Model
- Kichler Delivers Timeless Style with Updated Traditional Collections
- Kichler Announces Landscape Lighting Contractors of the Year
- Kichler Lighting Introduces New Lifestyle-Inspired Ceiling Fan Collections
- Kichler Lighting Expands élan Lighting Collection
- Kichler Lighting Embraces Cottagecore Style
- Kichler Lighting Supports St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Kichler Lighting Announces Top Leadership Change
- Kichler Lighting Announces Strategic Moves to Address Both Evolving Workplace and Customer Needs
- Kichler Wins Recognition for Continuous Improvement
- Kichler Lighting Invests in New Avenues to Reach Customers
- Kichler Lighting Reveals Its Cozier Side with Soft Contemporary Lighting
- Kichler Lighting Expands Fixtures with On-Trend Finishes
- Kichler Lighting Refreshes Traditional Style with New Product Offerings
- Kichler Lighting Introduces New, Glamorous Collections
- New Modern Bath Introductions from élan® Define European Style for the Home
- Kichler Lighting Offers On-Trend Finishes for Multiple Design Styles
- Kichler® Delivers Impact and High Design to New Street Builder Line
- Kichler® Makes Old New Again with 2019 Bath Introductions
- Kichler® Shines a Spotlight on Popular Glass Trends
- Outdoor Collections from Kichler® Introduce New Finishes and Increased Lighting Effects
- Use of Trend-Forward Materials and Finishes Create Unique Lighting Effects in New Modern Introduction from élan®
- Kichler's New LED Ceiling Fans Deliver on Style and Performance
- Kichler Shines a Light on Modern Farmhouse Style
- Kichler Continues to Expand LED Technology in Professional Landscape Lighting
- Tony Davidson to Retire as Kichler Lighting CEO and President
- Bring Personality to Outdoor Living with Kichlers New Collection of Portable Lanterns
- New Additions to Kichler® Reclaimed Collection Celebrate the Story Behind its Salvaged Materials
- New Modern Sculptures from élan® Lighting Help to Define a Room and Consumers’ Style
- Kichler® Unveils New Chandelier Collections to Modernize Traditional Spaces
- Add a Breath of Fresh Air to Any Room with Kichler®’s New Ceiling Fan Décor Line
- KICHLER® HONORED AT FOURTH ANNUAL LEDS MAGAZINE SAPPHIRE AWARDS GALA
- Kichler® Answers Consumer Demand of Personalization with New Decorative Indoor Line
- Kichler® Supports Builders in Answering Consumer Demand
- New Exterior Lighting Collections from Kichler® – A True Extension of Consumers’ Indoor Living Spaces
- Old is New Again with the Kichler® Reclaimed Collection
- Trend-Focused Bath Fixtures from Kichler® Take Center Stage