Cleveland, OH (February 15, 2018) —The Sapphire Awards Gala Dinner, held on the night of February 14, 2018, celebrated the most innovative companies in the solid-state lighting (SSL) industry by naming the fourth annual LEDs Magazine Sapphire Award winners. The event, held in conjunction with Strategies in Light, The LED Show, and Lightspace California in Anaheim, CA, aboard the RMS Queen Mary honored the enabling technologies and elegance-of-design in finished lighting products in the industry. Kichler was thrilled to receive a Sapphire Award in the Indoor Troffer and Downlight SSL Luminaire Design category as well as earning a finalist position in the Outdoor Landscape and Architectural SSL Design category for the 12V Accent Light with VLO.
“With LEDs sources the story was long about energy efficiency, but when history is written it will be about photometrics and form factor. LEDs enable all new experiences in light,” said Maury Wright, Editor-in-Chief of LEDs Magazine. “Our Sapphire Awards winners exemplify that eventuality with innovation that is simply amazing relative to products from one year ago.”
Featuring the seamless look of a recessed light but with the installation ease of a junction-box fixture, Horizon LED downlights sit nearly flush against the ceiling, creating a sleek and sought-after end effect. These highly energy efficient LED fixtures install in a fraction of the time it takes to place a traditional recessed housing, provide high delivered lumens (light output) comparable to a 75W incandescent bulb and only consume 12.5 watts of electricity. Horizon saves homeowners money on energy costs by lasting 40,000 hours or 50 times longer than the average 75-watt incandescent bulb and attaining a close to ceiling seal that prevents air escape.
88 companies working across the LED and solid-state lighting sectors nominated over 100 products to be considered for the fourth annual Sapphire Awards, along with outstanding individuals or teams for the prestigious Illumineer of the Year award. Sapphire Awards judges ultimately considered products across 20 technology categories that covered the spectrum of lighting applications from new categories such as Horticultural Lighting and Smart and Connected SSL Technologies, to classic applications such as LED Drivers and Industrial SSL Luminaire Design. New this year, the judges also considered submissions in project categories for both SSL smart Lighting and SSL outdoor lighting, and a humanitarian award was announced. During the Gala, the best of the best took home the Sapphire trophies after the late-night celebration.
About LEDs Magazine
LEDs Magazine is the leading information resource for the global LED and lighting community, serving thousands of readers that specify, design, and manufacture LED-based products for a wide range of end-use applications. Its key value proposition is to offer well-written, unbiased, and informative editorial content to more than 63,000 subscribers. LEDs Magazine provides news and product information on a daily basis in combination with in-depth technical articles, analysis, and case studies. For additional information about LEDs Magazine, visit www.ledsmagazine.com
About the PennWell LED & Lighting Network
The PennWell LED & Lighting Network serves the global lighting industry with a comprehensive series of publications, events and research capabilities covering every aspect of lighting. From the manufacturer to the end user, the PennWell LED & Lighting Network’s mission is to bridge the spectrum of light with the highest level of excellence in editorial, technical content and business development opportunities, providing 360-degree views of the global market. United together, the PennWell LED & Lighting Network’s resources drive innovation and inspire solutions in LEDs and lighting by connecting the technology with the applications of the future. For additional information about LEDs Magazine, visit www.ledsmagazine.com
About PennWell Corporation:
Founded in 1910 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, PennWell Corporation is a privately held and highly diversified business-to-business media and marketing services company that provides quality content and integrated marketing solutions for the following industries: Oil & gas, electric power generation and delivery, hydropower, renewable energy, water and wastewater, lasers and optoelectronics, fiber-optics, cabling, broadband, aerospace electronics, LEDs and lighting, fire and emergency services, and dental. PennWell publishes over 130 print and online magazines and newsletters, conducts 50 conferences and exhibitions on six continents, and has an extensive offering of books, maps, websites, research and database services. In addition to PennWell's headquarters in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the Company has major offices in Nashua, New Hampshire; London, England; Houston, Texas; San Diego, California; Fairlawn, New Jersey; Moscow, Russia; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and Hong Kong, China. For additional information about PennWell, visit www.pennwell.com.
LEDs Magazine Sapphire Awards
- Kichler® Delivers Impact and High Design to New Street Builder Line
- Kichler® Makes Old New Again with 2019 Bath Introductions
- Kichler® Shines a Spotlight on Popular Glass Trends
- Outdoor Collections from Kichler® Introduce New Finishes and Increased Lighting Effects
- Use of Trend-Forward Materials and Finishes Create Unique Lighting Effects in New Modern Introduction from élan®
- Kichler's New LED Ceiling Fans Deliver on Style and Performance
- Kichler Shines a Light on Modern Farmhouse Style
- Kichler Continues to Expand LED Technology in Professional Landscape Lighting
- Tony Davidson to Retire as Kichler Lighting CEO and President
- Bring Personality to Outdoor Living with Kichlers New Collection of Portable Lanterns
- New Additions to Kichler® Reclaimed Collection Celebrate the Story Behind its Salvaged Materials
- New Modern Sculptures from élan® Lighting Help to Define a Room and Consumers’ Style
- Kichler® Unveils New Chandelier Collections to Modernize Traditional Spaces
- Add a Breath of Fresh Air to Any Room with Kichler®’s New Ceiling Fan Décor Line
- KICHLER® HONORED AT FOURTH ANNUAL LEDS MAGAZINE SAPPHIRE AWARDS GALA
- Kichler® Answers Consumer Demand of Personalization with New Decorative Indoor Line
- Kichler® Supports Builders in Answering Consumer Demand
- New Exterior Lighting Collections from Kichler® – A True Extension of Consumers’ Indoor Living Spaces
- Old is New Again with the Kichler® Reclaimed Collection
- Trend-Focused Bath Fixtures from Kichler® Take Center Stage