Monique Spearing, Kichler | firstname.lastname@example.org
INDEPENDENCE, OHIO (October 28, 2021) – Kichler Lighting LLC, a leader in innovative lighting and ceiling fans, today announced strategic plans to reposition its business for a dynamic future. Changes include an employee-supported shift to a flexible work culture with a reimagined Northeast Ohio headquarters facility, the closure of the company’s Independence, Ohio-based distribution center, and the addition of a new strategic distribution model and facility in Eastern Pennsylvania. These changes are being undertaken to provide optimal support for Kichler Lighting’s internal and external partners in this evolving marketplace.
Kichler Lighting Flexible Workforce
Many Kichler Lighting employees have been working remotely, with significant success, since the start of the pandemic. Productivity has remained constant, and employees have indicated a preference for this new way of working.
“The events of the past year have provided a unique opportunity to test remote work – and we’ve seen that the company operates quite effectively,” said Irene Tasi, President, Kichler Lighting. “We firmly believe making a permanent change to a flexible workforce will help Kichler Lighting attract and retain top talent locally and beyond, as well as increase our company’s competitive edge.”
With this change, Kichler Lighting will relocate its headquarters within the greater Cleveland area from Independence, Ohio, to Solon, Ohio. The Solon facility will be designed to reflect a more dynamic culture, offering a mix of collaborative space and hoteling workspace for local or out-of-town employees that are on-site for the day, plus a new showroom and areas like product quality testing and certification.
The local move of Kichler Lighting’s headquarters reinforces the company’s commitment to keeping a headquarters presence in Northeast Ohio, even as the company evolves to meet changing employee preferences and customer needs.
Kichler Lighting Distribution Center
In addition to its headquarters shifts, Kichler Lighting has made the decision to implement a new strategic distribution model and open a new third-party managed distribution facility in Eastern Pennsylvania, while closing its Independence, Ohio distribution center. The Allentown, Pa. distribution center, scheduled to open by the second quarter of 2022, will provide the company with close proximity to East Coast ports for faster port-to-inventory turnaround and improved delivery efficiencies, as well as up to 600,000 feet of warehouse space.
Kichler Lighting will continue to operate its Las Vegas and Braselton, Ga. distribution centers. The strategic locations of the Allentown, Pa., Braselton, Ga. and Las Vegas distribution centers will enable the company to sustain fast, efficient shipping to multiple regions across the country. To further distribution efficiency and align all facilities, Kichler Lighting is investing in a singular warehouse management system (WMS).
“These strategic shifts showcase our unfailing dedication to a culture of continuous improvement,” Tasi continued. “We’re committed to embracing change, adopting world-class processes and systems to advance our leadership role in the lighting industry. Our business is strong, and we’re focused on making it stronger.”
KICHLER LIGHTING LLC
Kichler Lighting LLC strives to transform the home and workspace by developing fixtures that perform efficiently, install intuitively and deliver an overall effect that combines style with purpose. With an extensive portfolio of more than 3,000 on-trend products – including lighting, landscape and ceiling fans – and a commitment to providing services and project solutions, Kichler® is the brand homeowners and professionals know and trust since 1938. Kichler Lighting products are available at independent showrooms, Lowe’s, electrical and landscape distributors and online. For more information, visit www.kichler.com.
Connect with Kichler Lighting socially on:
Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Pinterest® is a registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc.
Houzz® is a registered trademark of Houzz, Inc.
Instagram® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Headquartered in Livonia, Michigan, Masco Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; Kichler® decorative and outdoor lighting; and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders. For more information about Masco Corporation, visit masco.com.
- News & Events
- Kichler Announces 30th Anniversary of Outdoor Illumination
- Kichler Lighting Launches New and Improved Horizon Model
- Kichler Delivers Timeless Style with Updated Traditional Collections
- Kichler Announces Landscape Lighting Contractors of the Year
- Kichler Lighting Introduces New Lifestyle-Inspired Ceiling Fan Collections
- Kichler Lighting Expands élan Lighting Collection
- Kichler Lighting Embraces Cottagecore Style
- Kichler Lighting Supports St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Kichler Lighting Announces Top Leadership Change
- Kichler Lighting Announces Strategic Moves to Address Both Evolving Workplace and Customer Needs
- Kichler Wins Recognition for Continuous Improvement
- Kichler Lighting Invests in New Avenues to Reach Customers
- Kichler Lighting Reveals Its Cozier Side with Soft Contemporary Lighting
- Kichler Lighting Refreshes Traditional Style with New Product Offerings
- Kichler Lighting Expands Fixtures with On-Trend Finishes
- Kichler Lighting Introduces New, Glamorous Collections
- New Modern Bath Introductions from élan® Define European Style for the Home
- Kichler Lighting Offers On-Trend Finishes for Multiple Design Styles
- Kichler® Delivers Impact and High Design to New Street Builder Line
- Kichler® Makes Old New Again with 2019 Bath Introductions
- Kichler® Shines a Spotlight on Popular Glass Trends
- Outdoor Collections from Kichler® Introduce New Finishes and Increased Lighting Effects
- Use of Trend-Forward Materials and Finishes Create Unique Lighting Effects in New Modern Introduction from élan®
- Kichler's New LED Ceiling Fans Deliver on Style and Performance
- Kichler Shines a Light on Modern Farmhouse Style
- Kichler Continues to Expand LED Technology in Professional Landscape Lighting
- Tony Davidson to Retire as Kichler Lighting CEO and President
- Bring Personality to Outdoor Living with Kichlers New Collection of Portable Lanterns
- New Additions to Kichler® Reclaimed Collection Celebrate the Story Behind its Salvaged Materials
- New Modern Sculptures from élan® Lighting Help to Define a Room and Consumers’ Style
- Kichler® Unveils New Chandelier Collections to Modernize Traditional Spaces
- Add a Breath of Fresh Air to Any Room with Kichler®’s New Ceiling Fan Décor Line
- KICHLER® HONORED AT FOURTH ANNUAL LEDS MAGAZINE SAPPHIRE AWARDS GALA
- Kichler® Answers Consumer Demand of Personalization with New Decorative Indoor Line
- Kichler® Supports Builders in Answering Consumer Demand
- New Exterior Lighting Collections from Kichler® – A True Extension of Consumers’ Indoor Living Spaces
- Old is New Again with the Kichler® Reclaimed Collection
- Trend-Focused Bath Fixtures from Kichler® Take Center Stage