Weathered wood tones, wrought iron hardware and organic shapes come together to create contemporary pieces with a cozy feel. Combine these essentials with other farmhouse-inspired décor, and you’ll create a room that’s not only laid-back and livable, but also fresh and inviting.
Bring a cozy feel to your space.
Warm, weathered and inviting – today’s farmhouse look is far from the past, yet fully inspired by it. Whether you want an entire home filled with a farmhouse feel, or just a touch of the look, consider these key elements when designing your space:
- Exposed beams – over a fireplace, on the ceiling or surrounding a doorway.
- Rustic wood components – incorporate reclaimed or vintage-look wood for floors, furniture, cabinetry or accent items.
- Neutral walls and backdrops – choose crisp white or soft creams.
- Aged or vintage-inspired pieces –worn and weathered pieces are key.
- Prominent metals – wrought iron, industrial gears and grommets, and wire/mesh components can serve as focal points or accents.
Personalize the modern farmhouse trend.
The farmhouse trend isn’t one-size-fits-all. Personalize the look to match your style with these variations:
- Cozy Rustic – Incorporate soft colors like creams, browns and light greens as well as unstained woods, chicken wire inlays or other classic farm elements. Bring the look together with: Cahoon, Brinley, Braelyn, Colerne
- Western – Corrugated tin accent walls add a fun, industrial feel. Incorporate western gear, cowskin rugs, antlers or windmills into artwork and accent pieces. Bring the look together with: Kearn, Lucian, Ahrendale
- Bohemian - Variety is essential, with Native American-inspired pieces: old baskets, weathered woods, Aztec throws. Mix neutral colors with blues and oranges. Bring the look together with: Brisbane, Lakum, Palisades
- Urban – Less is more: neutral colors, simple textures and minimal accessories. Bring the look together with: Marquee, Rumer, Avery, Cobson, Elbur
French – Think of your favorite French café, and let the look guide the details: pastels, white enamels, scrollwork and tin accessories. Bring the look together with: Montauk, Birkdale, Karlee, Versailles, Belle
Cottage – Cottage brings a touch of old-world to farmhouse, without the Tuscan flair. Use cream or gray as the base, then incorporate pops of color: bright greens or vintage yellows. Bring the look together with: Hayman Bay, Keller, Chalkboard sconce, Argyle
How do you bring your farmhouse style to light? Show us your farmhouse personality with #MyKichlerStyle