|Part Time/Full Time:
This position serves as a member of the Kichler Lighting Executive Staff and is responsible to participate in the development and execution of strategic business objectives.
This position manages the business functions of Supply Chain (Forecasting, Demand Planning, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Inventory Planning and Management, Distribution and the China WFOE operation). This position will likely serve as the Legal Representative for the China WFOE. Along with domestic Operations oversight, this position oversees the identification, development and performance measurement of the factory support base largely located in China but with some operations in India and the US. In addition to normal Operations Function obligations the Stage Gate product line management process reports to this position.
This position is accountable for the development and performance management of Operational business goals and objectives derived from a set of company strategic objectives. This includes achievement of COGS and overhead cost objectives. It is expected that this position will promote an environment of continuous improvement for all business components under its charge especially those functional elements impacting the COGS, OH costs, Customer Service and Sales support.
This position has 5-8 direct reports and a total domestic staff of 180 to 220 people (100 to120 of which are Union employees). In addition this position manages 40-60 international employees connected to our China WFOE operation.
In addition to domestic responsibilities this position is responsible for 40-60 international employees associated with the China WFOE operation. The Supply Chain consists of 15 core Chinese Suppliers and 30 additional minor international (China, Taiwan, India and the US) Suppliers. Though not company owned factories this position oversees identifying Suppliers along with their qualification, development and performance management. This obligation often reaches down to tier 1 Supplier subcontractor oversight.
- As a member of the Executive Staff, participate in planning the strategic direction of the company in general and specifically the Operations function.
- Serve as a member of Executive Staff to monitor business performance vs. strategic objectives and plan necessary corrective actions.
- Serve as a member of Executive Staff to evaluate potential acquisitions and to assimilate those new businesses, to the extent necessary, into the Kichler family of business units.
- Based upon the strategic direction of the company, plan and execute short and long range Supply Chain and Distribution strategies both domestically and internationally.
- Human resources, Note #8.
- Monitor business environmental trends domestically and internationally that could impact our strategic direction.
- Currency Exchange rate movement
- World raw material commodity prices
- Performance of local and international economies
- Political activity in the US and source countries ranging from domestic policy to source country political direction and philosophy related to government oversight of the environment, labor, import/export laws and so on.
Operations Functional Management:
- Develop and manage business performance goals and objectives for all Operations functions as derived from the overall Company strategic direction and near term initiatives.
- Promote continuous improvement for the business processes that support the Operations functions and for the cost of executing those business processes.
- Establish and manage a set of performance metrics that govern the goals and objectives of the function.
- Develop and execute corrective actions and course corrections when the execution of plans to achieve objectives is not achieving maximum performance results.
Supply Chain Factory Base Management:
- Manage/measure performance of the overall supply chain factory base.
- Lead efforts to identify, develop and qualify new Suppliers and Supplier tier 2/3 subcontractors that support the product development efforts of the company.
- Develop and manage Supplier Agreements.
- Oversee Supplier rationalization and utilization to promote factory balance and efficient product manufacturing execution.
- Monitor performance metrics and implement corrective actions to ensure meeting performance objectives supporting our Customer’s product requirements.
- Manage the performance of the freight carrier base so as to meet delivery objectives.
- Monitor and react quickly to day to day customer support issues. Initiate corrective action to avoid recurrence.
- Ensure timely and accurate order processing.
- Interact with Sales, Customer Service and Customers to identify Customer needs that either address a business process deficiency or that could introduce a business competitive advantage.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to build service programs in support of special needs for specific Channels or Customers.
Legal and Administration:
- Manage product legal compliance as it relates to materials used and adherence to Underwriters product safety specifications.
- Ensure product compliance with local and regional laws and regulations.
- Provide information and support to address legal challenges associated with product performance.
- Support Union negotiations and contract compliance.
- Facility lease management.
- Monitor and respond to laws regulating the management of the WFOE China Office.
- As part of the Executive Staff, manage wage and benefit programs
China Office (Unique responsibilities associated with this office):
- Direct oversight of the WFOE China Office, serve as office Legal Representative.
- Oversee employee contract management.
- Ensure the staff of the office in China has the skills and resources to meet the business objectives of the office.
- Facility office lease management.
- Oversee wage and benefit compensation management for China Staff
New Product Development:
- Lead the overall Stage Gate product line management process.
- Server on the Stage Gate Steering and Gate Keeper Committees.
- Support efforts to plan and execute NPD projects.
Personnel Performance Management and Organizational planning:
- Based on the strategic direction of the company, plan both domestic and international organizational structure and staffing.
- Initiate and manage the development and performance review process of annual staff personal objectives in support of overall Company initiatives.
- Plan and execute staff development and performance management activity (includes performance improvement programs for substandard performance).
- Long term, manage the Operations function succession planning process. Short term, develop contingency plans to cover unexpected staffing needs.
- Execute business communication plans to keep the staff informed as to business performance and their support of that performance.
- Manager the staff that oversees general facilities repair and maintenance including HVAC and power distribution.
- Promote energy conservation and recycling efforts.
- Oversee facility Safety (fire protection, walking services, air quality, lighting).
- Oversee special construction projects.
- Manage outside services (landscape, snow removal, refuse removal).
- 10+ years Engineering and Operations experience
- BS degree in Engineering preferred. More specifically, an Engineering degree in Electronics or Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical would be seen as an asset for this position. Other degrees could qualify based on actual work experience. MBA is not required but would be beneficial.
- experience managing manufacturing engineering/manufacturing management, product quality assurance, warehousing and distribution and facilities management.
- Requires a working knowledge of human resource laws and regulations, business finance and overhead and product cost management.
- Organization and business performance management.
- New product development management, more specifically a Stage Gate product line management process.
- Project management.
- Cost management; overhead, product, other COGS cost elements.
- Business performance communication inside and outside of the organization.
- Creative problem resolution.
- Root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Contingency planning.
- Product Quality Assurance management
||No third party agencies please.
The Kichler® Lighting brand encompasses more than 3,000 products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, bath lighting, ceiling fans, under-cabinet lighting, landscape lighting, lamps and accessories. A leader in energy-efficient technology, Kichler's line of Design Pro LED fixtures feature several winners of the Lighting for Tomorrow Award, sponsored by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, the U.S. Department of Energy and the American Lighting Association. Kichler products are available through authorized independent lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, procurement companies, irrigation distributors and select e-retailers.
Apply Now! Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.