- Develop products from concept, through design, manufacturing and support to end of life
- Design, Document, and Validate designs
- Work with compliance groups to ensure successful completion of certification process
- Trouble shoot design, manufacturing and quality defects in parts and designs
- Write Engineering Requirements, Test Plans, Validation Reports
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering required; Masters preferred
- 5+ years work experience (non-academic) working with power supply design; Solid State lighting a plus
- Solid education and experience in power supply architectures; Flyback, Buck, Resonant, Bridging, etc.
- Solid understanding of the theory and application of magnetics to inductors and transformers to achieve maximum efficiency
- Design knowledge with FETs, MOSFETs, SCRs, TRIACs, IGBTs, Bipolar Transistors, TVS, etc.
- Solid foundation in PCB layout, component placement and routing
- Able to model and simulate complex circuits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must have hands-on experience with power supply design and possess deep knowledge of offline conversion topologies including PFC, resonant converters, LLC and analog/digital controls loops.
- Candidate must be intimately familiar with power supply safety and regulatory requirements (EMI/UL/ETL/FCC), components, magnetic design, power supply layout.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions.
- Must possess good understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges. Candidate should also be familiar with high volume manufacturing technologies and production variances.
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter with innovation, and have high integrity and the ability to pay attention to details.
- Work directly with Manufacturing Operations and Engineering to ramp new products and processes into production.
- Proven track record of working in fast-paced innovative work environment.
- Willing to travel overseas periodically as needed.
The Kichler® Lighting brand encompasses more than 3,000 products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, bath lighting, ceiling fans, under-cabinet lighting, landscape lighting, lamps and accessories. A leader in energy-efficient technology, Kichler's line of Design Pro LED fixtures feature several winners of the Lighting for Tomorrow Award, sponsored by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, the U.S. Department of Energy and the American Lighting Association. Kichler products are available through authorized independent lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, procurement companies, irrigation distributors and select e-retailers.
Apply To: Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.