|Part Time/Full Time:
- Front Line Phone Inquiries in relation to Project Quotes.
- Uses rational judgment and discretion to interpret data make the best decision and prepare the most profitable quotes in the most time efficient and accurate manner:
- Enter into ERP system (capture all required info).
- Must understand and apply policies regarding pricing, discounts, freight, rebates and other terms of sales.
- Knowledge of distributor, customer, product, competitor, contracts, opportunity, commission, and acceptable discounts / GM%.
- Coordinates activities with other Departments to obtain accurate information on costs, availability, logistics, lead times, and other parameters related to the cost or quotation.
- Researches and Analyzes existing customer quotes to provide accurate pricing.
- Calculate and understand overall estimated profitability and measure/report our performance.
- Asks appropriate questions to analyze the competitive factors that must be considered.
- Effectively collaborate with team members as needed.
- Communicate and Resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Team Support (Customer Service, Sales, Accounting, Forecasting, Product Management).
- Inside Sales:
- Responsible for achieving sales targets through ensuring successful conversion of quotations to billings
- Crossover competitor and alternative products
- Generate Quote Usage, Quote Capture, and Project Profitability Reports.
- Renew/Maintain quotes as needed:
- Provide price adjustments as needed.
- Maintain quotes, manage expirations, adjust pricing, track market pricing.
- Communicate changes.
- Collect and analyze quotations data to determine patterns of success or failure. Measure by product type, manufacturer, bid amounts, and customers.
- Takes direction and follows guidelines set forth by the Quotations Manager and supports the overall Sales and Customer Service team.
- 3-5 years of Electrical Distribution quotation or sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel, Word. Ability to learn new software and reporting tools.
- Excellent skills in both oral and written communication. Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external relationships and to confidently negotiate at senior management level.
- Customer Service Oriented - maintaining positive customer relationship / setting and achieving high service standards.
- Contractor or Project department experience and operational knowledge a huge plus. Background in wholesale electrical distribution or electrical contracting are very helpful.
- Ability to work with large quotes in terms of lines and dollars, make adjustments and good decisions based on product mix, competition, discount %, and gross margins. Must have a strong financial aptitude.
- High level organizational skills, detail oriented and able to process and perform multiple tasks in a professional manner. Record keeping and data tracking are vital.
- Must be comfortable working with contracts and providing clear agreements between Kichler and the builder in conjunction with the deal.
- Utilize selling and negotiation skills to suggest product substitutions to meet customer’s needs, level the playing field with competition, increase success rate, and improve profit margin.
- Professional appearance in an office setting, professional communication and team work.
- Must be reliable, trustworthy, and use good decision making judgment to ensure maximum profitability.
The Kichler® Lighting brand encompasses more than 3,000 products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, bath lighting, ceiling fans, under-cabinet lighting, landscape lighting, lamps and accessories. A leader in energy-efficient technology, Kichler's line of Design Pro LED fixtures feature several winners of the Lighting for Tomorrow Award, sponsored by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, the U.S. Department of Energy and the American Lighting Association. Kichler products are available through authorized independent lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, procurement companies, irrigation distributors and select e-retailers.
Apply To: Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.