|Part Time/Full Time:
|Kichler a nationally recognized leader in the Lighting Industry offers a challenging opportunity for a Product Manager - Engineered Product.
||The Product Manager is responsible to deliver successful products to market in the channels that align with the strategy and objectives of the company. They are the driving force for new product development. They manage the entire product line - conduct industry and market research to determine the viability and product demand, develop the business case, define features, functions and specifications of the product, establish target costs and selling price, forecasting, product launch, analyses pricing and profit margins and plans the end of life of the product, The Product Manager is a business function that identifies a market problem or opportunity where the company can bring successful and profitable products to market.
The Product Manager leads cross-functional teams within the company to accomplish the continued growth and success of their product line.
- Define the product strategy and priorities to support the requirements of the company’s core and high potential channels.
- Identify and present new product solutions and introductions.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to launch to end of life.
- Research and analyze market conditions and market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers (distributors, contractors, designers, specifiers). Develop customer relationships.
- Lead an internal cross-functional team with various departments to bring successful and profitable products to market.
- Coordinate with sales and marketing to develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan involving product knowledge, technical expertise, product launch, sales tools, literature, samples, displays, etc.
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements.
- Develop pricing strategies.
- Identify and analysis of key competitors.
- Identify market trends.
- Conduct training on new product launches and maintain training on product improvements.
- Drive ongoing improvement in sales and profitability.
- Conduct new product presentations.
- Work with sales and forecasting on initial and continued forecasting of product line.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of how things work, technical expertise, basics of electricity.
- Develop a passion for their product line.
- Team player that possesses the ability to lead and influence others.
- Have a thorough understanding and acumen of good business management and practices.
- Understand and able to read basic financial reports.
- Problem solving skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Handle high level of stress.
- Available to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent real life experience as professional product manager.
- Lighting background required.
||No third party agencies please.
The Kichler® Lighting brand encompasses more than 3,000 products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, bath lighting, ceiling fans, under-cabinet lighting, landscape lighting, lamps and accessories. A leader in energy-efficient technology, Kichler's line of Design Pro LED fixtures feature several winners of the Lighting for Tomorrow Award, sponsored by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, the U.S. Department of Energy and the American Lighting Association. Kichler products are available through authorized independent lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, procurement companies, irrigation distributors and select e-retailers.
Apply Now! Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.