|Part Time/Full Time:
|| 25% travel in US & International (China)
The Product Manager is the company’s leader and visionary for their product category brand. The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and the managing of their product line throughout the lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, US & China operations, design, quality and vendors. The Product Manager's primarily role is 1) to meet/exceed the financial goals that are established, with mutual agreement, for their Product category, and 2) to ensure that the product category supports the company's overall business strategy.
- Define the product strategy and priorities to support the requirements of the company’s core and high potential channels – three-year lookout.
- Develop the core positioning statement and messaging for their product category.
- Work cross functionally with other departments to bring products to market through the Stage Gate process.
- Define with detail the next product launch to meet the timeline of the introduction while achieving the company servicing requirements for new product availability.
- Manage existing product line i.e. line extensions, discontinue product, pricing etc.
- Training for the upcoming product launch to customer service and sales team – this is accomplished with the support and contribution from Marketing on the format and drafting; and from Sales for planning events.
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Develop new product forecast
- Work with company’s vendors in China to meet and support the product launches.
- Be an expert with respect to competition, market tends, and distributor/contractor/consumer needs & requirements.
- Channel knowledge: Showroom, Builder, Multifamily, Light Commercial
Detail day-to-day Responsibilites:
- Pricing of new and carryover products
- Vendor selection
- Facilitate and lead new product kickoff meetings
- Communications to sales representatives and customers on product revisions, quality issues, unusual product outages, and training. These communications should be given to Marketing in a draft form capturing the major points; Marketing in turn will put it in a final document for your approval
- Providing accurate information to Graphics for literature and being responsible when information changes.
- Be the lead person in establishing literature layout and proofing
- Data integrity
- Where applicable, all spec sheets data and photometrics
- Communications to the appropriate internal departments & managers on product launch timelines, changes/delays to those timelines, discontinue of product
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Proven track record of launching new products
- Managing products thru lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Approaches the job as a business person
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The Kichler® Lighting brand encompasses more than 3,000 products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, bath lighting, ceiling fans, under-cabinet lighting, landscape lighting, lamps and accessories. A leader in energy-efficient technology, Kichler's line of Design Pro LED fixtures feature several winners of the Lighting for Tomorrow Award, sponsored by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, the U.S. Department of Energy and the American Lighting Association. Kichler products are available through authorized independent lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, procurement companies, irrigation distributors and select e-retailers.
Apply To: Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.