|Part Time/Full Time:
Kichler Lighting has an exciting opportunity for a Product Development Engineer to become part of a growing new product development team at the Kichler World Headquarters in Cleveland, OH.
This position reports to Director of Engineering, and will primarily be responsible for mechanical design, analysis, and validation of a broad range of LED/SSL design products. The work will be within the context of cross-functional teams formed to introduce new LED lighting systems based on technology driven solutions and customer/ third party requirements.
||ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develop mechanical designs for new products , product improvements, and value engineering projects supported by complete documentation including part and assembly drawings, BOMS, wiring diagrams, instruction sheets, etc. while meeting the product specifications and cost target
- Support new designs from concept to launch including conceptual design, detailed design, component and material selection, Simulation/FEA, prototype, test, safety approvals, and production implementation
- Perform tasks directly or work with other to ensure projects remains on schedule
- Support compliance to meet third party (UL, ETL, CSA, ENERGY STAR, etc.) certifications
- Prepare, review and approve Engineering Change Orders
- Provide technical advice and assistance to peers, suppliers, and customers as to design, material specifications, testing procedures, and product quality
- Maintain current knowledge of new and emerging lighting technologies
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Perform other tasks as required
- BSME (Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering) from accredited institution or 10+ years of field related experience required
- 3 years professional engineering experience
- Professional work experience in Consumer Packaged Goods or SSL/LED lighting fixture design ideal
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks 2010 or newer
- Working knowledge or basic manufacturing and fabrication methods, e.g. die casting, injection molding, extrusion, stamping, assembly, etc.
- Knowledge of metals, metal finishes, and metal treatments
- Posses an understanding of, or ability to research, applicable regulatory standards
- Self-driven and able to work under general project direction
- Excellent Computer skills with the ability to work in Microsoft environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and function in a collaborative environment
The Kichler® Lighting brand encompasses more than 3,000 products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, bath lighting, ceiling fans, under-cabinet lighting, landscape lighting, lamps and accessories. A leader in energy-efficient technology, Kichler's line of Design Pro LED fixtures feature several winners of the Lighting for Tomorrow Award, sponsored by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, the U.S. Department of Energy and the American Lighting Association. Kichler products are available through authorized independent lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, procurement companies, irrigation distributors and select e-retailers.
Apply To: Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.