|Part Time/Full Time:
Kichler Lighting has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to become part of a growing new product development team at Kichler World Headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering, and will primarily be responsible for electrical engineering design, analysis, and validation of a broad range of LED/SSL design products with primary focus in power electronics and controls. The work will be within the context of cross-functional teams formed to introduce new LED lighting systems based on technology driven solutions and customer/third party requirements.
- Develop electrical designs for new products, product improvements, and value engineering projects supported by complete documentation including electrical specifications, schematics, BOMS, wiring diagrams, instruction sheets, etc. while meeting the product specifications and target cost.
- Support new designs from concept to launch including conceptual design, detailed design, component selection, SPICE simulation, prototype, test, lifetime evaluation, safety approvals, and production implementation.
- Perform tasks directly or work with others to ensure projects remain on schedule
- Support compliance to meet third party (FCC, UL, ETL, CSA, ENERGY STAR, etc.) certifications
- Prepare, review and approve Engineering Change Orders
- Provide technical advice and assistance to peers, suppliers, customer service, and customers as to design, mode of operation, component specifications, testing procedures, and product quality
- Maintain current knowledge of new and emerging lighting technologies as well as the electrical engineering field.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Perform other tasks as required
- BSEE (Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering) from an accredited institution or 10+ years of field related experience required
- 3 years professional engineering experience required
- Strong electrical engineer aptitude with working knowledge in the areas of circuit design, power electronics and controls
- Firm understanding of ElectroMagnetic Interference (EMI) front-end filter design for power electronics, in order to meet FCC product requirements
- Basic knowledge of computer programming and embedded processors
- Ability to work in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and assembly software, preferably Altium
- Understanding of how to utilize basic laboratory equipment such as: spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, current probes, function generators, Labview DAQ, etc.
- Posses an understanding of, or ability to research, applicable regulatory standards
- Self-driven and able to work under general project direction
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to work in Microsoft environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently and function in a collaborative environment
The Kichler® Lighting brand encompasses more than 3,000 products, including chandeliers, wall sconces, bath lighting, ceiling fans, under-cabinet lighting, landscape lighting, lamps and accessories. A leader in energy-efficient technology, Kichler's line of Design Pro LED fixtures feature several winners of the Lighting for Tomorrow Award, sponsored by the Consortium for Energy Efficiency, the U.S. Department of Energy and the American Lighting Association. Kichler products are available through authorized independent lighting showrooms, electrical distributors, procurement companies, irrigation distributors and select e-retailers.
Apply To: Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.